Dealing with dry, flaky skin can be difficult, especially in dry months. There are many reasons for having dry skin, due to pollution or not choose the right cosmetic products for your skin.
People with dry skin always struggle to maintain skin hydration levels properly throughout the day. They have to face signs of aging very soon and their skin becomes dull. However, there are many things you can do to hydrate and protect your skin to lock in moisture and hold flakiness at bay.
So today we are going to share a morning skincare routine for dry skin.
Following a morning skincare routine before stepping out of the house prepares your skin to fight pollution, UV rays, dust, and other damage-causing environmental effects.
Follow these basic steps to make your dry skin flawless:
Step-1: Wash Your Face
- Give your face a quick splash with normal & lukewarm water.
- Don’t splash with cold water as it constricts the pores.
Step-2: Cleanse Your Face
- If you are suffering from flakiness and feel like your skin is drying out, your facial cleanser plays a very important role here.
- If you have dry skin, you need to use a mild and gentle cleanser.
- Don’t use harsh soaps and foaming cleansers because many foaming cleansers contain harsh sulfates that can leave skin tight and dry after use.
- Massage it on your wet face for a minute and rinse it off with warm/normal water.
Step-3: Apply Toner
- Applying toner is very important for any skin type.
- Apply this before using serum or moisturizer.
- It helps to balance the pH level of the skin and helps to control acne.
- Toning your skin in the morning or evening after washing your face will help to minimize the pores.
- Use a goof toner according to your skin type.
Step-4: Moisturize Your Face
- This is the most crucial step for dry skin people.
- Always apply moisturizer within 2-3 minutes of washing your face.
- Apply a thin layer of moisturizer and massage it in a circular motion.
- Make sure that you select moisturizers with Hyaluronic acid, glycerine, and vitamin B.
Step-5: Protect Your Skin From The Sun
- Once you have moisturized your skin, now its time to protect your skin from the sun.
- Sun protection is a very crucial step for preventing UV damage and keeping your skin healthy.
- If you going out in the sun, apply sunscreen that has at least SPF 30.
- Applying sunscreen is a must for every skin type and seeking shades at the hottest times of the day will help too.
- It will keep your skin protected from the sun and hydrated throughout the day.
This is the basic morning skincare routine that everyone with dry skin should follow. After following these steps you can apply foundation and other makeup products that you want after stepping out.