In today’s generation, acne, pimples & dark spots are not something new. Most of the people face these problems in their everyday life and use many beauty products to cover it, which in result get more worsen the skin.
When we have acne & breakouts in our skin, and we pop that, It leaves us with scars, called dark spots. Due to more dark spots on our skin, your skin looks uneven, dull, and dark which I think nobody wants. You can hide it with makeup, but its a temporary treatment.
Our skin color is determined by a pigment called Melanin. Melanin is responsible for our natural skin color. Sometimes due to some internal or external reasons, the production of melanin changes and it causes hyperpigmentation or dark spots.
Hyperpigmentation or dark spots can be the result of the overproduction of Melanin. It can happen all over your body, but because the skin on your face is more sensitive than the skin of your body, chances are more than your face gets affected by this easily. It forms spots or patches on your skin which is darker than your surrounding areas.
The most common reason for an increase in melanin in your body can be hormonal, genetic & sun exposure.
So we will talk about some natural home remedies for lightening pigmentation or dark spots. Which you can try easily at home.
1. Lemon Juice:
Lemons are rich sources of citric acid, flavonoids, and other antioxidants, which have some gentle bleaching properties.
Lemon juice can slowly reduce dark spots by breaking down the melanin pigmentation.
How to apply:
- Take a slice of lemon and gently apply it on the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- If you have sensitive skin or you feel irritated by applying lemon directly, you can mix it with water or rose water.
- Use a cotton pad to dip in the solution and gently apply it on your face.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes & then rinse it off with normal water.
2. Sandalwood Powder:
Sandalwood powder naturally clear skin complexion and add a healthy glow to it. It is effective in fighting the bacteria and prevents the breakouts of the pimple. It is a cleansing agent that removes dirt from skin pores and helps to lighten the skin tone and dark spots.
How to apply:
- Take one tablespoon of sandalwood powder, add half teaspoon of glycerin and one teaspoon of rose water & mix them well to make a paste.
- Gently apply this face pack to all over your face except eyes & lips.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes, and then massage your face for 5 minutes & rinse it off with normal water.
- You can use this remedy daily or 3-4 times a week for better results.
3. Gram flour & Honey:
Gram flour removes oil & dirt from your face. It lightens the skin tone and makes your skin smooth & radiant. Honey has bleaching & anti-bacterial properties, which fades the age spots & acne scars. Aloe vera reduces the hyperpigmentation of our skin and helps to restore its natural color.
How to apply:
- Take one tablespoon of gram flour, add one teaspoon of honey, add one teaspoon of aloe vera gel, and some drops of lemon juice.
- Mix them well and make it a paste and apply it to your face.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then massage your face for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
- You can try this 2-3 times a week for better results.